Configured at your modem/router it is your first line of defense on the internet.
Do you want a faster, more reliable home Internet service that you can manage from anywhere?
● Block ads on all devices by adding certain ad domains to the Always Block list
● Malware Protection – from things like WannaCry and other malicious software.
● Phishing and identity theft Protection – By enabling phishing protection, you’ll protect everyone on your network from known phishing sites using the best data available.
● Adware & Web spam protection (when those categories are selected)
● This can help pages to load more quickly.
● If you enter yaho.com in place of yahoo.com then no problem. It will automatically fix your typo and redirect you to yahoo.com.
Optional Parental controls – that protect every device in your home instantly, which you can manage from anywhere.
Or don’t block anything and just use OpenDns for ad blocking and security etc.
● Use it as a free service or retain the past year of Internet stats on your home network (VIP Service) currently costs about $20 US per year.
What are you using?
If you haven’t already make sure you Complete Step 1 first
Click here to complete Step 2 and choose one of these two options
Once OpenDns is up and running go to step 3 to activate your ad blocker.
And the final and most important step is to request a static ip address from your ISP. This will ensure your OpenDns settings stay in place.